We Could All Use A Little Energy
After the holidays, everyone is pretty much resolved to cut back on sweets. But if you have a craving and want to make it a little healthier, you may want to keep some protein balls on hand.
Here are a few more of my favorite recipes.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 2/3 cup Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup 80% Dark Chocolate chopped
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Honey, Coconut Sugar or Date Sugar
If you don’t have a nut allergy, I love to add 1/4 Cup of chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until a sticky mix forms.
- Place in fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Roll into 1” balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Or they can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
These high fiber energy balls are the perfect snack before or after a workout, or if you are having a little sweet craving. But a word to the wise, when it comes to weight management, these are definitely not a diet food. They do have carbs and calories, so I would stick to one or two. Approx. 17 carbs a 1” ball.
If coconut is your thing, you may enjoy these.
No bake peanut butter chocolate coconut bites
I got this recipe from delightfuladventures.com and have been making them ever since. The grandkids love protein balls. So any time you can get your kids or grandkids to eat something that is somewhat healthy for them, it’s a win.
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 Cup Hemp Hearts 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Add the rolled oats, shredded coconut, hemp hearts, and chocolate chips to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the maple syrup and the peanut butter. Mix until everything is combined well.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoon of mixture into your hands and roll a 1.5” ball. Set aside and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
Hemp Hearts are known for their beneficial omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acid ratio. Another benefit of hemp is that it can help you feel full longer, and that it works as a natural appetite suppressant. If I have them on hand, I will add in 1 or 2 Tablespoons of hemp hearts, and add just a touch more syrup or peanut butter.
I hope you and your family will enjoy these simple to make, tasty bites.
Sending all my love to my High Vibe Healing Tribe.
Please share with anyone that you think might benefit from this information!